Before I give further perspective on Trump, let’s remember some things about Ronald Reagan, things that are similar to our present situation. Most Republicans feel he was the best president ever, yet while Trump married three times, Reagan had been married two times, and before Nancy, he was a womanizer with countless documented affairs. And he, too, was a Democrat before he became a Republican. Unlike Trump, he and Nancy consulted an astrologer before making any policy decisions. Putting that aside, he understood American and built our country on Constitutional principles. He was a great president.
I wanted to start there because sometimes what we expect in a president may be different than what God gives us. Let’s start praying that Trump will choose a godly Vice President, that he will surround himself with men of wisdom. Let’s be prayer warriors for the advancement of God’s goals for America even if they may not look like what we had imagined. Here’s something to think about: What if God’s best for Cruz would be a Supreme Court appointment? Could he perhaps do more good in that position?
- Trump has promised to replace Scalia on the Supreme Court with a conservative with Scalia’s values. That is huge. Whoever is the next Court nominee will determine the direction of our country in so many venues.
- Let’s look at the bigger picture. Perhaps most important to God is that Trump is for Israel. Israel, our closest ally has been trashed for 7 years. Trump has said multiple times that he will rebuild our relationship with Israel. The enemy, Satan, hates America and Israel, and our government has played right into his hand. He will do everything he can to turn America against a candidate who loves Israel. Remember Trump has a Jewish son-in-law and 3 Jewish grandchildren.
- Trump is willing to recognize terrorists for who they are and he has said he will destroy ISIS.
- One thing for sure, Trump will not go around the world apologizing for America. He will renew respect for our country. He is a business man. He understands money. Our present government does not. We are in horrible debt. If anyone could turn that around, Trump could. He gets economics, that you don’t spend more than you have.
- He is Pro-Life.
- Trump is not politically correct and will not put up with it. That alone could change a lot of things.
- He will restore our borders and make us a secure nation again.
Do you find it interesting that Ben Carson quickly got on the Trump bandwagon? Perhaps, as he prayed, God revealed some of this to him. Perhaps, God is about to mold Trump into His man for the hour. We can take heart that God is in complete control and has an eternal plan at work. God works in mysterious ways. His ways are not our ways. Isaiah 55:9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
So, what if Trump, with all his rudeness, insults, and crudeness is actually God’s choice?
In Acts 5 when the authorities were going after the disciples for how they were upsetting the status quo (meaning the Pharisee’s plans), a lone voice exhorted them. Acts 5:38 “So in the present case, I say to you, … if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God.”
Let’s stay alert, pray and wait to see what God is up to. This is not time to despair. It is a time to be vigilant. Our nation is at stake.
One final reminder: If we choose not to vote because we don’t like a candidate, we are in reality casting a vote for the other party. We can’t let that happen.