There are some interesting events taking place in September this year. Some say it will be a “September to Remember.” You decide or more importantly, God will decide. Here is a partial list of events that may play into an end time scenario. I wrote them out because I want to be praying for them this month. (Be sure to read to the end, especially #10.)
- 9/11, of course is the anniversary of the devastation of the World Trade Center, but it is also the last day of stock market trading before the end of the Jewish Shemitah (occurring every 7 years as a year of forgiveness of debts letting fields go fallow, and refocusing on God.
- 9/13 is Elul 29 on the Jewish calendar which historically, when it has fallen at the end of a Shemitah seven year cycle, has seen a crash in the stock market. Interestingly, this has happened the past three Elul 29’s.
- 9/13-9/15 is Rosh Hashana, beginning the evening of the 13th of September. On the 15th, the 70th session of the U.N. General Assembly will meet to discuss the Palestinian state. It’s likely they will agree and declare Palestine a state in the land of Israel. This is an ominous move.
- 9/17 is the deadline for the vote on the Iran treaty for a nuclear ban. If it passes, America, for the first time in our history as a nation, will be abandoning Israel and pledging our allegiance to Iran, the top terrorist country in the world. This could have epic results. What will God think?
- 9/21 marks the beginning of the Muslim Hajj to Mecca. This is an annual pilgrimage that all Muslims must take at least once in their lifetime. It is for the purpose of prayer. I wonder what they will be praying for…. Will we also be praying to our God? (by the way, Allah is not our God. Inscribed around the top of the Muslim Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem, it says, “Allah does not have a son.” With that statement alone, we can know he is not the Christian God.) Oh, 9/21 is also the U.N. Day of Peace. Why does this make me laugh???
- 9/23 is an important Jewish feast, the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur). This year on that day, Pope Francis will be at the White House.
- 9/24 is the day the Pope will address Congress. Interestingly, this day is also called the “Muslim Day of Darkness.”
- 9/25 will find the Pope addressing climate change at the U.N. When the French Foreign Minister, Laurent Fabius, was speaking with John Kerry, our Secretary of State, back in May of 2015, he warned that the world had 500 days to avoid climate chaos. 9/25 will mark the 500th day, the very day the Pope will talk to the U.N. about climate change.
- 9/28 is the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) and it is also the day of the final blood moon in the series of four blood moons. It will be a super moon which means it is closer to earth and will appear 14% larger than normal. It will be visible in Jerusalem. There will not be another tetrad series of four blood moons on Jewish holiday’s again for 600 years.
- 9/23-25 I’ve saved this one for last. Perhaps you have heard of CERN, a large atomic collider in Switzerland buried 300 feet underground with a circular radius of 17 miles. The collider accelerates proton particles with magnets at immensely high speeds causing them to collide. By doing this, they study matter, anti-matter and dark matter. Watching for the idea of multiple universes, their ultimate goal is to discover another dimension, a time/space portal, or abyss. This might not be a good idea. And it reminds me of Revelation 9. I’ll let you read it. The plan is to start up the collider again around 9/23 They also claim they are about to discover the Higgs Bosom. In simple terms, that would be the god particle that holds everything together. Hmmm…kind of reminds me of Colossians 1:17 “He (Jesus) is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” But I don’t think that’s what they’re looking for.
CERN is also the organization that discovered the world wide web (www.) In Hebrew www is Vav Vav Vav. Hebrew closely connects numbers with letters and www would be 666. That sounds familiar too. Interestingly, CERN’s logo is 666 and besides that, they have a statue of a demonic goddess statue of Shiva outside their building. Her mythical nickname is “the destroyer.”
Aren’t you glad we know and serve the Creator, not the destroyer? We serve the God of light, not darkness, the God of righteous, not evil. Our God will one day rule and reign on earth. He is the King of kings and Lord of Lords. And as Lord, He has us inscribed in the palm of His hands. So, while a lot of crazy things are going on in September, let’s keep looking up because He will be coming through the clouds very soon.